2019 marked a new leg of our journey. We kick-started the year with our rebrand and formed a fine-tuned focus on one simple mission – to ‘Move Digital Forward’.
Client growth has always been our reason to exist. With a sharpened sense of purpose, we have continued to live and breathe collaboration, innovation, and exploration.
While opening our arms up to change this year, we’ve never let go of our values – Helpful, Ethical, Loyal, and Passionate in everything that we do… and we’ve learned just how much can be achieved with an unwavering focus on client growth.
As we stand alongside our clients and partners at the frontier of digital marketing, we’re taking a moment to reflect on the journey so far.
Matt & Sam Reflect on Alpha Digital’s Growth
We’ve increased the depth of our expertise in fashion retail, health, and homebuilding. All the while, we’ve maintained our long-term partnerships and held a client retention rate of 96% month on month. Amongst the 40 new clients we’re proud to be working with are G.J. Gardner. Homes, Colette by Colette Hayman, World Gym, The Upside, Uppercut Deluxe, Adrift, MyFootDr., Lung Foundation Australia, and Stone & Wood.
2019 also marked the launch of our Social Media Management service. Organic social is another avenue to nurture customer relationships, and our Performance Team’s move into this space was a natural progression. After integrating advertising and organic social, we’ve measured compelling business results for several clients.
Springboard Digital has grown leaps and bounds, with over 40 small business and start-up clients now taking advantage of honest, affordable, and flexible digital marketing services.
On December 1st we knocked down our walls and expanded into the office next door. With 11 friendly faces (Emilie, Giulio, Ellie, Denny, Rony, Cynthia, Katie, Miguel, Kyle, Grant, and Nicole!) added to the team and a staff retention of 94% over the year, outgrowing our office was inevitable.
Alpha Digital is a family, and we like to look out for one another. We believe that a clear mind breathes innovation into our client strategies and introduced new employee wellness initiatives in 2019.
All staff now receive a day of leave for mental health (no questions asked), free gym & yoga memberships, paid leave on their birthday, and a weekly fruit box delivery.
Our weekly internal training schedule and 80:20 billable to non-billable ratio has also enabled our team to flourish. Caitlin, Liam, Clare, Chris, and Amir were all promoted, and we look forward to watching the whole team continue to grow.
Every month, we look forward to our team social events and 2019 has held many of our favourite memories.
We never wanted to be the biggest digital marketing agency. From day one we set out to be the best. This year we were incredibly proud to receive industry recognition in the following categories:
Google Premier Partner Awards (winners to be announced in 2020)
- Search Excellence Finalist
- Display Excellence Finalist
- Shopping Excellence Finalist
- ‘Best Use of Data in a Search campaign’ Winner
- ‘Best B2C campaign’ Finalist
- ‘Best Advertising Campaign’ Finalist
- ‘Best Marketing Agency’ Finalist
- Shortlisted for ‘Best Digital Agency’
- ‘Best Marketing Agency’ Finalist
- ‘Best Use of Search’ Finalist
- ‘Data-Driven Marketing’ Finalist
Giving back has been at the centre of our expanding mission to ‘Move Digital Forward’, and we hosted several knowledge-sharing events throughout the year:
- We co-hosted ‘The Art of Story-Selling’ event alongside Google, to showcase how YouTube advertising and Conversion Rate Optimisation can convert emotion into action.
- We were proud to sponsor the ‘Forget Me Not Ball’ to raise awareness and funds for Dementia research.
- We have enjoyed helping retail leaders to flourish by co-hosting the Retail Leaders and Future Retail Leaders networking evenings.
Having developed an intimate knowledge of eCommerce and mutual trust– we’ve partnered with several of our retail clients and tech partners to combine their online and offline marketing efforts.
Through cross-channel attribution, we’re merging the physical and digital retail worlds in a progressive and measured way. Our custom reports help to showcase the true value of digital campaigns in physical stores, and we’re also finding new ways to use customer data. Our business intelligence tools have also enabled more intelligent and prioritised decision making.
And where to from here?
Our 2020 vision is to be Australia’s most highly regarded digital agency. So, over the coming months, we’re excited to:
- Launch our new 360˚Graduate Program and breathe new ideas into the business
- Kick-off new charity initiatives and continue to give back
- Continue connecting the dots in your customer’s journey with our new Lifecycle Marketing and Consulting services