Start your career on the front foot!
The Alpha Digital 360° Graduate Program is launching in January 2020, giving up to 4 of the best and brightest recent university graduates the opportunity to get hands-on experience at one of Australia’s leading digital marketing agencies. This is a paid, full-time role on a 12 month contract.
By the end of the program you will have learned about all of our specialisations, worked directly on some of our exciting clients, and hopefully will have identified your favourite area of digital marketing.
Our goal isn’t to put you in a grunt role, hidden in the corner of the office and never to see the light of day. Instead, you will find your strengths, strategise with our clients, and get on the fast-track to a successful career in the progressive world of digital marketing.
About the agency:
We’re really proud of the agency we’ve created and the work we get to deliver for our clients. Brands like City Beach, Petbarn, Pillow Talk, MJ Bale, Sass & Bide, and Uppercut Deluxe trust us to deliver their market-leading campaigns.
Alpha Digital sets itself apart from other agencies through our unwavering focus on our ‘true’ boss – our clients. Everything we do is to help them be better; to help guide them to move digital forwards.
This extends to the culture we’ve developed. We know that an unhappy team won’t make for happy clients, so we invest heavily in professional and personal development, work/life balance, wellness, and social activities.
Boasting really isn’t in our nature though. We like to think that our results speak for themselves.
About the Graduate Program:
The Graduate Program will run for 12 months (as a 12 month contract), split into two distinct phases:
Phase 1: Find what you love
The first phase will run for 6 months, giving you the opportunity to spend 2 months each in Digital Experience, Digital Performance, and Business Development (Sales). At the end of Phase 1, you’ll be invited to put forward your preference for Phase two
Phase 2: Deepen your knowledge
If we can match you with your preference after Phase 1, you’ll spend the next 6 months deep diving into either Digital Performance, Experience, or Business Development.
This will give you an opportunity to learn much, much more about your chosen area of digital marketing. You’ll run through a more intensive training program, and get to work on some exciting clients.
At the end of the program, we’ll be offering select high performing graduates a permanent full-time role in their chosen specialty.
A key part of our graduate program is the Graduate Project. This project, completed in the final 6 months of the program, will give you the opportunity to show off what you’ve learned both at Alpha Digital and in your own time.
You’ll work with mentors and your fellow grads to deliver the project to the agency. This will be your time to shine!
Duties and responsibilities:
Due to the broad scope of the graduate program, it’s difficult to narrow down a list of specific duties and responsibilities. As a graduate at Alpha Digital your day could comprise of any/all/some/none of the following:
- Ideate a cutting-edge content strategy for a leading retailer
- Plan the advertising to facilitate a successful new product or service launch
- Attend sales pitches and generate proposals
- Attend networking events to learn more about a favourite topic of yours and meet your peers in the industry
- Participate in training sessions lead by representatives from Google, Facebook, Quantcast and more
- Complete website/SEO/advertising audits and health checks
- Research our clients’ competitors and develop a list of opportunities
What we’re looking for:
The role is suitable to anyone completing university, including (but not limited to) those studying Marketing/Advertising/PR, commerce, mathematics, science, or Information Technology. What we’re really looking for are students who stand out either through their performance at university or through a demonstrated passion for digital marketing.
There is no GPA cut-off or specific study requirements for this program. You must be in the process of completing your degree or have completed your degree in the past 12 months.
- 21st October: Applications open
- 17th November: Applications close
- 24th November: Second-round testing due for invited applicants
- 25th November – 2nd December: Successful applicants will be invited to complete an in-person response to brief and interview, to be held in our offices in Brisbane. Applicants must be available for interviews in-person during this period.
- First-round offers made the week commencing the 9th of December
Start date – 3rd February
How to apply:
The graduate program has now closed for this year.